5 big data mobile apps with interesting use cases
If you're like me, you're more than just a little fed up with mobile websites and apps that feed you too little information or function too poorly to do real work on. Surely you've heard already that the world is going mobile. Why then are so many mobile applications so hamstrung that they can't do all the things needed?
There is hope. Here are five big data mobile apps designed to facilitate working with big data on a mobile device:
Jeff Vance wrote a good post on these apps in Datamation documenting his top five big data mobile apps--complete with actual use cases of note following each app description. Here is a short recap:
- Roambi--use case of note is The Phoenix Suns
- Esri ArcGIS--use case of note is Urban Observatory project
- Cloudera Enterprise--use cases of note are Wells Fargo and Vivent
- Zaloni Bedrock--use case of note is UnitedHealth Group's Optum division
- Tamr--use case of note is Thomson Reuters
Read the entire post for more details on both the apps and the cited use cases. But for now, suffice it to say that we may be seeing the beginning of a mobile app revolution wherein the lite versions get ditched in favor of full-featured, highly functional mobile apps. After all, why carry a computer in our pockets if we're just going to treat it like a newspaper? Give your users more and you in turn will get more from your users.
- see the Datamation post